History of Bahadur Shah Zafar

 I am neither the light of anyone's eyes nor the will of anyone's heart

 I am a Musht-i-Ghubar who cannot come to any work


 I am not a drug-a-dard-e-jigar, nor am I the sweet eye of anyone

 I am not here, I am not there, I am neither Shakib nor Qarar


 My time has separated from me, my complexion has changed

 I am the harvest of the one whose garden was destroyed by drought


 Pay Fatiha, why did someone come, why did someone offer four flowers?

 Someone come and light a candle, why am I the grave of a beggar?


 I am not attached, I am not attached, I am not beautiful, I am not beautiful

 What has gone bad is the make-up, what has not gone is the decoration


 I am not nagma-e-jaan-faza, will anyone listen to me?

 I am very sick, I am always the cry of the sad


 I am not their friend, nor am I their rival.

 That which is spoiled is fate, that which is ruined is mercy

Waseem Khan.....

Comments